Last update: 15th May 2018
What this policy covers
- The type of personal data that we collect and where it is stored
- How and why we collect and use your personal data
- How we use personal data to contact and interact with you
- How and why we share your personal information
- How we protect personal data
- How to contact us
This policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our services.
Personal data we collect
When you subscribe to our newsletter, complete a form on our website or create an account with the gallery, you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including but not limited to your name, postal and billing address, email address, phone number
When you browse our website, we may collect:
- Information on your online browsing behaviour
- Information about the devices you have used
When you contact us or we contact you, we may collect:
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on and the links that you then visit on our website
- Details of such correspondence
How we use personal data
We collect, store and process your personal data to improve your experience with the gallery and provide the goods and services you require
Uses made of the information we collect:
- For administration and maintenance of the website
- To provide you with the information that you have requested from us (including receipt of marketing emails or other information)
- To respond to queries raised by you
- To carry out obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us
- To comply with legal obligations or for the protection and enforcement of legal rights; and
- In connection with any sale of our business or assets
The information we collect helps us to operate, improve, protect, and customize our Services, and to develop new Services. The information we collect also helps us to provide customer support and make our Services more efficient for you and other Users. For the sake of transparency, it is our responsibility to outline for you the legitimate business purposes for the collection of information, and the reasons why we do so, in order for you to make an informed decision regarding the use of our Services. In addition to the other uses of information described in this Policy, we may use all of the information that we obtain from or about you for the following purposes and reasons:
- to provide our Services to you, including new Services we develop later (reason: legitimate business interest)
- to provide you with customer support (reason: legitimate business interest);
- to facilitate your communications or transactions with us (reason: to receive consent, and for legitimate business purpose);
- to operate, improve, and customize our Services, Content, and marketing, to develop new Services, and to understand how you use and interact with our Services and Content, and the products, services, and Content of others (reason: legitimate business purpose);
- to develop and display more customized Content and ads to you on or off our Services (reason: to receive consent, and for legitimate business purpose);
- to promote and maintain a trusted, safer, and more reliable environment on our Services, for example, to help detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, conduct investigations or risk assessments, or verify actions taken by you or associated with your account (reason: to protect the public interest and for legitimate business purpose);
- to contact you (by email, postal mail, telephone, mobile devices, SMS text message, or as otherwise authorized by you) in order to address issues with your account or use of our Services, collect fees, send you updates about our Services or policies, or for other purposes permitted by law (reason: performance of a contract and for legitimate business purpose);
- to contact you (by email, postal mail, telephone, mobile devices, SMS text message, or as otherwise authorized by you) in order to send you marketing communications, promotional messages, and offers about our Services and Content, and the products, services, and Content of others (see below for information on how to opt out of receiving certain communications from us) (reason: to receive consent, and for legitimate business purpose)
- to perform other functions as described when the information is collected or requested, or for other purposes with your prior consent (reason: legitimate business purpose).
Cookies and similar technologies
- Understand how our website is being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error message when you browse
- Understand and save your preferences and contact details so you do not have to submit this information twice
- Measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, for example by telling us if you have opened a marketing email that we have sent you
- Help us compile data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may use trusted third-party services, like Google Analytics, that track this information on our behalf
Some cookies are necessary so you should not disable these if you want to be able to use all the features of our website. You can disable cookies but this may affect your full experience of the website.
Contact and interaction with you
If you sign up to our newsletter or complete a form on our website, you are giving us permission to store data about you and interact with you to provide the information you requested. Contact can take place over the phone, email, by post or through social media.
- To help us better understand the information you would like to receive, you can always update your email marketing preferences by clicking here
- To unsubscribe from receiving future marketing emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all bulk correspondence, although you may receive emails from individuals
Please contact us using the details at the bottom of this email, if you would like to be removed from ALL correspondence from the gallery.
Accounts and User Profiles
Registration, Access and Records To register for a website account via highgateart.com, you will need to provide your full name and a valid email address. If you have a Highgate Contemporary Art account, you may access, add, remove or update certain information about you in your profile and account settings. It is your responsibility to update all such information as necessary to keep it accurate and current. When you update your account or profile information, we may keep a record of the unrevised information for purposes consistent with this Policy. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so by using the tools provided in your profile and account settings. If you terminate your account, we may keep a record of any or all information associated with you or your account, as required or permitted by law, for purposes consistent with this Policy; specific account data that includes Personal Information including your name, e-mail, contact information, and certain other records such as settings and collector profiles will be removed at such termination. For further information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Online Shopping Accounts
Every Highgate Contemporary Art account is protected by a password to help maintain privacy and security on our Services. If you register for an account, we urge you to use a strong password containing unique numbers, letters and special characters, and to protect the confidentiality of your password at all times. If you suspect or become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account or password, you agree to immediately notify us and change your password. Please note that while we seek to protect your information and maintain the security of our Services, due to the possibility of hardware or software failure, unauthorized entry or use and other factors, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, whether online or offline. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. Please also note that any information you provide to us via email is unencrypted.
Sharing personal data
We will never sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal data unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include information sharing with any associated companies, service providers and professional advisers or website hosting partners who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
How we protect your data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information
- We use computer firewalls and physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data
- All communications between your browser and our website are encrypted
How to contact us
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (and the General Data Protection Regulation from May 2018), you have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. This is called Subject Access Request
The mailing list we hold is one built on individual request to be on it; by having consented to being on this mailing list in person at the gallery, via email or phone, through requesting to be added at point of purchase, signing up to our mailing list online (via highgateart.com) or requesting directly with us through any other means. You are free to unsubscribe, update your details or change your preferences at anytime by using the relevant options at the bottom of the emailed correspondence. The ability to do this is part of every email. You may also request that we remove you from our mailing lists via email.
If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, or if you believe it to be incorrect, please write to:
Highgate Contemporary Art
26 Highgate High Street
London N6 5JG
You can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 208 340 7564
For further information regarding the privacy policies of any other services we use in the running of our business and our communications with you, please see the following privacy policies.